Free Mode Does Your Vehicle Define You?

Asmodeus

Smooth Talker
Ok, so the game is called Grand Theft AUTO, which means the central theme involves vehicles, but many missions benefit from choosing a certain type of vehicle to aid in your gameplay. However, more than half the time I join a group doing a mission most of the players show up in these million dollar supercars that have no practical use at all. Sure they are pretty and go fast, but aren't going to help much when doing a heist and you need an armored car, or when you need a weaponized vehicle.

I use the MK2 Oppressor a lot because it's easily one of the most practical vehicles. I'm not a tryhard kid, nor do I grief players for shits n giggles. I use it simply to get my ass from point A to B quickly and only use the missiles when needed (usually on the tryhard kids). I see the GTA vehicles as fitting into 3 categories:

1. Practical Work Machines (MK2 Oppressor, Armored Karuma, Stromberg, etc)
2. Crazy Fun Vehicles (RC Bandito, Blazer Aqua, Scramjet, etc)
3. Pretty Showroom Cars (Tezaract, Principe, almost any LMS car)

When I'm done a long grind I love to unwind by jumping in a FUN vehicle and letting loose, whether it's knocking people over with the RC car (I only use it to kill as retribution), causing havoc at the beach with the Blazer, or just showing up in the middle of an intense battle driving my little, pink Panto. I did that today and everyone stopped killing each other long enough to laugh at the ridiculous car, which is the whole point. It IS a funny looking car and that's the reaction I was expecting. Sometimes we need to lighten up. :)

So, my question is, what car defines you? If you were to drive up to strangers to introduce yourself, what would you be driving? A supercar? A tank? A little pink Panto???

Give us your thoughts on all things vehicular!!!

Nugsy 1

XBox One : Nugsy 1
Admin
Elite
It's like you didn't even consider bikes.

For a car? I have hundreds... Literally. I'm thinking my Rapid GT classic / Aston Martin V8 of yesteryear.

Asmodeus

Smooth Talker
It's like you didn't even consider bikes.
For me, even though I look like a biker in real life, in the game they fall under the practical work category, as I use them only when needed for biker missions and challenges like "Rippin" (always a good money maker). I don't spend a lot of time customizing them like I would with cars.

How do you store 100's of vehicles? I already have around 100 and I'm running out of places to put them, as I maxed out the properties I can own, so I can't buy any more garages and only have a couple of garage level options in my nightclub, office and arena left, which would only give me maybe 80-100 more car slots.

STN357

Leader of The Filthy Animal Crew
Elite
That new electric car defines me because I'm in love with the Tesla I just bought. I ride around in it to help with emissions in Los Santos.

The car I drive the most has to be the Benefactor Dubsta 2 custom. The MkII shortly after it because it's new. Then my Buzzard. I have hundreds of cars, most of them super cars, but I don't drive them. They just look great in my garage.

Nugsy 1

Admin
Elite
How do you store 100's of vehicles? I already have around 100 and I'm running out of places to put them, as I maxed out the properties I can own, so I can't buy any more garages and only have a couple of garage level options in my nightclub, office and arena left, which would only give me maybe 80-100 more car slots.
6x 10 car garages = 60 slots.
CEO office = 30 slots
Nightclub = 31 slots + 3 delivery vehicles + Terrorbyte & Opressor MkII.
Arena = 27 slots + 3 Arena Wars vehicles.
Facility = 7 slots + 4 Doomsday vehicles.
MC Clubhouse = 10 Bike slots.
MOC = 1 slot.
Special Vehicle Warehouse = 6 SV's.

That's 166 slots for cars & bikes plus 19 'special' vehicles, then we have storage for 20 aircraft in the hangar, an Avenger in the facility and whatever you can afford in Pegasus.

Now, put the same on a second character for 332 regular slots and add another account with two characters to double that (though not all spaces are full on both accounts).

Yes this takes a great many days and hours in GTAO! I'm currently just 13 minutes short of 250 days in GTAO on my main character. All have plenty of time invested.

Asmodeus

Smooth Talker
6x 10 car garages = 60 slots.
CEO office = 30 slots
Nightclub = 30 slots + 3 delivery vehicles + Terrorbyte & Opressor MkII.
Facility = 7 slots + 4 Doomsday vehicles.
MC Clubhouse = 10 Bike slots.
MOC = 1 slot.
Special Vehicle Warehouse = 6 SV's.

That's 165 slots for cars & bikes plus 19 'special' vehicles, then we have storage for 20 aircraft in the hangar, an Avenger in the facility and whatever you can afford in Pegasus.

Now, put the same on a second character for 330 regular slots and add another account with two characters to double that (though not all spaces are full on both accounts).

Yes this takes a great many days and hours in GTAO! I'm currently just 13 minutes short of 250 days in GTAO on my main character. All have plenty of time invested.
I gotta say that is IMPRESSIVE!! I only just found out there is a basement garage in the vehicle warehouse, as I never really looked around while there. I just thought it stored the stolen cars.

20 aircraft seems like a lot to me. I only have 3 in my hangar and even that is too many, as I'm terrible at flying...lol. I hate these "all or nothing" sales in planes where even missing one drop and you lose everything. That's BS because in real life, the 1st 14 "customers" got their stuff, so if one didn't then that shouldn't mean everything is lost. I lost half a mil because of that, when I should have only lost like 40-50k.

Is there any advantage to having more than 1 delivery vehicle in the nightclub? I have the main one already maxed out.

Nugsy 1

Admin
Elite
A full nightclub delivery requires the big truck, the smaller the delivery, the smaller and more nimble the vehicle.
However if I remember correctly you're forced into a stock Speedo if you don't have a custom one?
Owning these things allows you to upgrade and weaponise them, otherwise there's little point in them because NC sales are so easy to solo anyway.

jmr922

Rocks7ar Crew Leader
Elite
MK2 oppressor it gets me everywhere without crashing and is one of the only things that can take on other oppressors.
Karuma for heists/missions
RC Bandito for trolling tryhards

Asmodeus

Smooth Talker
I have a question about how that works, as I still don't quite understand the setup there. I bought another level garage there because I wanted 10 more car slots, but after 9 cars were put there it told me it was full. When buying the garage it SHOULD tell you it only works for 9 normal cars, as I didn't want an arena car. I just wanted more normal garage space and I like that the headlights can be changed there.

So, after a bit of research I found out that 1 oversized slot is saved for a customized arena car. At this point I should say that my brain thinks in a very linear, logically fashion, and that made no sense to me. My organizational OCD was going into overdrive knowing my "10 car" garage only had 9 cars in it. It messed up my counting cars math...lol

My "solution" was to buy the rat truck and turn it into a Sasquatch, thinking that oversized truck would move to the big spot and then I could move a normal vehicle into the original rat truck spot, thus using all 10 spots. That didn't work, although I gotta say that the Sasquatch is a FUN vehicle, but I spent millions hoping to just fill ONE spot. Yes, I'm THAT crazy.

So what is my actual solution here?? The only thing that looks for sure to be able to fill the big spot is the Cerberus, but it's a big, ugly thing that I really don't want to spend 3 million+ on. Also, there's a big spot in each garage level, so are we supposed to buy 3 Cerberus's (Cerberi??) or is there something else we can put there?

Help!!

Nugsy 1

Admin
Elite
I don't know. I only have the Cerberus and accept the 9 slot thing.
It's happened before with 7 slots in the facility.

Asmodeus

Smooth Talker
I don't know. I only have the Cerberus and accept the 9 slot thing.
It's happened before with 7 slots in the facility.
I finally gave in and bought the Cerebus just to fill the slot, since it's on sale this week.

It's actually quite a fun vehicle to drive, but I keep killing myself using the flamethrower. It costs me 10k in insurance every time I take it out...lol

Top Bottom